Thursday, August 12, 2010

Marmots


Gary and I decided to take the past couple of days for ourselves. The original plan was to head out to Turkey Run and spend some time talking to people regarding how we could go about booking one of their rooms for our reception. Unfortunately, the place was booked solid. We couldn't even book a room for two nights in a row it was so packed. I'm not going to lie; I was pretty bummed out about it. Don't all you people know that my wedding is more important than your hiking and canoe trips? ;)

Since we had planned the trip for awhile, we decided to go ahead and get away anyway. On Monday afternoon, we headed out to McCormick's Creek to stay at the Canyon Inn there. We spent two days doing absolutely nothing besides playing video games and eating junk food. On Monday, we went on a four hour hike in record breaking temperatures. It was not a pretty, when all was said and done. Sweaty and gross is not a good look for me. But it was fun.

Although our trip fell through for wedding purposes, Gary and I did spend some time talking about what we would like to see happen at our wedding. We even set a tentative wedding date of October 6, 2012. And when I say tentative, I mean, don't hold your breathe, don't count on it, it may be pushed back as far as a year from that date. But I feel better having some sort of goal to work toward. We hashed out colors, wedding parties (top secret for now!), and what sort of decorations we would like. I would like to start looking around now that I know he and I are on the same page. We (and by we, I mean me) are considering a trip to Turkey Run sometime next week to look around for good outdoor locations for the ceremony. I don't anticipate being able to talk to people about the reception for awhile, so looking around outside will at least make me feel useful.

Our nights away were a good way to start the week, even though our original plans fell through. Gary and I were able to spend some stress-free time together (which meant no arguing!). It was the first time I'd been to McCormick's Creek since elementary school. We walked trails, saw salamanders, and hit up the nature center where we saw frogs, turtles, and a fat marmot. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him; he was easily the highlight of our entire trip. We went back to the nature center at least three times hoping to see him again, but no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment