Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Caving to the Trend

When Gary and I first got engaged, I was adamantly against making a blog to document our goings-on. For one, our wedding date is still pretty far off (and by that, I mean we haven't set anything into stone yet, but we are shooting for a fall wedding in the next couple of years.). What's the sense in starting a blog this far in advance? It was Gary who pointed out that we don't really have to write about the wedding itself; we can write about our oh-so-exciting lives.

I figure, why not?

At this point in our relationship, finishing school and moving in together are higher on the priority list than the wedding. I have a year and a half left of undergrad at ISU. I'm not quite sold on grad school yet, but I've been thinking pretty seriously about it. We'll see. I have no idea how long Gary has left for school. He refuses to tell me his graduation date (which makes it awfully hard to decide on a wedding date, dear. :D). Either way, we've both decided that being done with undergrad before the wedding is a must.

For those of you wondering, we have discussed a few things pertaining to the wedding itself. We know what colors we want, and I'm pretty sure we have the ceremony music nailed down. Next month, we are making our way out to a possible venue in order to ask about pricing and how far in advance we need to book. That's about as far as we are at this point.

But there are other exciting things happening. Gary has decided to pursue his interest in meteorology, and the folks at WTHI have been very helpful to him. I'm proud of him, and I hope something great comes of it--rake in the big bucks, honey. How else am I supposed to become a stay at home, famous author? ;) As for me, I am working my way through an English major that everyone tells me is useless. Useless or not, I'm excited for a few opportunities that have been thrown my way lately. I can't discuss them as of right now, but look for an update in the near future.

Hopefully, our oh-so-exciting lives don't bore you all too much. :D Because we'd love for you to keep reading.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment